Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie» Forums » General

Subject: How does this compare to WoW The Board Game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aka Six
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
It seems like these two games are similar. How does this game compare to WoW The Board Game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In what way do you feel that they are similar? I am very familiar with both games and they are really quite different:

Heroscape: Tactical miniatures on customizable 3-D (read: awesome) terrain, with heroes and squads of many genres (robots, ninjas, orcs, zombies, etc)

WOW-TBG: Team-based adventure game of leveling up and fighting monsters through quests and using rewards to fight bigger monsters culminating in mega-boss-fight.

Heroscape takes 3.6 million years to set up, which WoW: TBG take 3.6 million years to play. I really enjoy both. Lots of time on my hands, I guess.

Heroscape is comparable to tabletop minis games (like MageKnight or even things like Tannhauser)

WoW: TBG is comparable to RPG-Adventure games (Runebound, Talisman, Prophecy, Return of the Heroes)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not similar except in the most abstract senses (they are both games, for example). Apples and anvils..

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.