Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Aucoin
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Players: John, Kenton, Marc, Mischa, Jim and Michael

We decided to make some modifications to the rules since this game takes so long with six players. Normally you take 5 turns a round for five rounds, a total of 25 turns per person or 150 turns for a 6 player game! In our game we played four rounds with 2 turns on the first two rounds and 3 turns on the second two rounds yielding a total of 60 turns. Scoring occurred after rounds 1, 3 and 4. While this did cut the game length by more that half, most players felt the game was still too long.

In our game I concentrated on the grey and brown tracks. Marc was able to dominate purple. Marc was the winner with 36 points, I had 32 points followed by Mischa with 19 points, John and Kenton tied at 13 points and Jim brought up the rear with 12 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, I wanted to like this game. I remember liking the original Alhambra, I've got no problem with dice or luck in general, and area control/majority is often fun for me (even though I usually lose big).

I might give this another go with two or three instead of six, but the full game of five rolls per round for five rounds is something I don't want to go through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Martin
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ummm...I think you guys misread the rules. The # tokens/player varies with the # players in the game. Overall, there are approx. the same number of turns with 2-6 players.

From the rules:

Each player receives the following: – in a game of
• 6 and 5 players…………………3 marker stones
• 4 players ………………………4 marker stones
• 3 and 2 players…………………5 marker stones

so, total turns works out:

6 = 3 * 5 = 15 turns/person = 90 turns
5 = 3 * 5 = 15 turns/person = 75 turns
4 = 4 * 5 = 20 turns/person = 80 turns
3 = 5 * 5 = 25 turns/person = 75 turns
2 = 5 * 5 = 25 turns/person = 50 turns

So, yes 6 is the longest, but it shouldn't be too much more than a 3 player game (in theory).

I have played 2, 3, 4 and 2 is definitely faster, but 3-4 play close to the same (as you would expect from the above)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.