Subject: Current and future expansions and the deck size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Thomas
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I was just wondering, after adding in the cards from the stock up mini expansion, will all the cards from Growing Hunger just be added to the zombie and hero decks? After even one more expansion, won't this start to get a bit to big and really dilute the decks so that heroes will never see a chainsaw, or shotgun, and zombies won't get to their cool, fun stuff. I'm wondering if some sort of deck construction rules will be included with Growing Hunger. I know that the designer has mentioned to take out cards you don't like and tailor the decks to your play style, but I'm hoping some "official" rules happen so that the decks don't become like the Runebound Market Deck or the Arkham Horror Mythos Deck. Any thought, insight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sulin
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the stock up expansion, the designers clearly stated which Hero cards were balanced with which Zombie cards. So if you wanted you could only add the heroes cards you like and then just add the balanced Zombie cards to the Zombie deck.

Hopefully with growing hunger they will do something similiar. It is also possible they might include some of the old cards again with new art. Like a second(or third if you got the promo) chainsaw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like it would be especially problematic when playing scenarios where the Hero player has to search out specific cards from their deck in order to win the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedShark92 wrote:
This seems like it would be especially problematic when playing scenarios where the Hero player has to search out specific cards from their deck in order to win the scenario.

This was solved by including another "Scenario Item" search card to keep the ratios the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see a card that does that in my Stock Up set, so adding all of the Stock Up cards does affect the chances of finding Scenario items. Not necessarily by a lot, mind, but it does affect it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
there is another 'fire' object which should help in some scenarios...

cant think of anything else tho'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I'm definitely not saying it's a huge, or even a definite, problem, just a potential one depending on the direction things go in future sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

Hey Guys,

This is something that we planned for from the beginning and have already taken into account with the various Expansions that will be released. There will be both new cards and new versions (alt images) of existing cards that are included to keep the ratios for Scenario Search Items where they need to be.

- Jason

Jason C. Hill
Flying Frog Productions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That had to be one of the obvious snags to the expansions and thankfully, FFP is on the ball.
My question (as an eternal Zombie player): will there be more Zombie cards that discard cards from the hero deck? I need all the help I can get (though it did bite me once when I began discarding Scenario cards that the Heroes were able to pick up at their locations.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.