Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Background: Anti-ballistic Missile Treaties were a feature of detente during the 70s.

Effect: 4 Ops mixed recurring: Increase Defcon by 1 level and Conduct Operations normally.

Strategy: A powerful mixed event, this card's uses include getting some Operations done during the Headline phase and raising Defcon so you can conduct a particular coup or (much more rarely) group of alignments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone is happy to see this card in their hand! If played as a headline, can be used for one of those rare Asia coups. Later in the turn, allows coups in the Middle East, Africa, or the New World. This may be the only card in the deck that should always always always be used for the event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had this card in situations where I don't want to play it for the event- sometimes you don't want the increase in Defcon...
However, yes it is a good card to play as an event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
sometimes you don't want the increase in Defcon...

While I agree that there are many times that one wants to keep Defcon as low as possible, with this card it seems that the Defcon increase can be immediately couped back where it started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but it is possible that either you don't want to carry out a Defcon reducing coup, or you do want to carry out a Defcon reducing coup and you want it to actually reduce Defcon, not just keep it the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Chace
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Boy, is this a great card. I call it the "free 4 Ops coup card". A prime target for the SALT Negotiations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.