United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Old Edition
$9.98 Before Shipping
I paid $4.84 in shipping

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2267616

Still a good price from the searching I've done.

Bring on the hordes.

P.S.
-Sorry but there's no gift wrapping available for this item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Oliver
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: Settlers of Catan 5-6 Player Expansion - $9.98 - toysrus
I ordered this a week or so ago when it was also on sale, and received it yesterday.

The Settlers game box was completely smashed (as in the cardboard was completely separated from the lid on one side), and thrown in a larger shipping box with no packing material (other than the other game I ordered) so they had plenty of time to rattle around on their way to me. As well, the shipping box itself was pretty beat up.

The prior time I ordered games from Toys-R-Us, it was when they were blowing out popular games and deciding to substitute random other games (or not refund) resulting in an odd substitution of Pente for the Seafarers 5-6 Player Expansion. After this last broken-box experience, I'm through with Toys-R-Us online. Order from them at your own risk. If you don't care about possible box damage or random substitutions, then go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're lucky Brad, yours came in a box... mine came in a envelope and totally smashed and ripped... they will not refund my money.... I will not ever order from TRU online again... this was a couple of months ago when they were having their sales... you ordered a few items, they sent the confirmed email, then they sent another email saying they didn't have the item... then you had one item in your order that you would have never ordered without the other item because of shipping, and they already sent it out so you couldn't cancel it... shipping was a killer...

NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cari Stark
United States
Farmington
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the warning, Brad and Cindy. For a moment I considered it since I need an expansion for my old version and am hoping to find a deal.

But this did give me a chance to read the one and only review on thier website. 2 out of 5 stars. What??? That would be a rating of 4. Obviously not a true geek.

Based on your experiences though, zero stars sound more like it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The Toys R Us saga continues...the truth is truly stranger than fiction.

I'll add my own story.

I once bought from Toys R Us online, ordering "Twilight Imperium" for only $20. They sent a box, alright, but once I opened it up, guess what?

Chuck Norris stepped out. Really!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom L
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
READ A BOOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Brad Oliver wrote:

The prior time I ordered games from Toys-R-Us, it was when they were blowing out popular games and deciding to substitute random other games (or not refund) resulting in an odd substitution of Pente for the Seafarers 5-6 Player Expansion. After this last broken-box experience, I'm through with Toys-R-Us online. Order from them at your own risk. If you don't care about possible box damage or random substitutions, then go for it.

I just had this happen today with video games. I ordered Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii and they sent me Singstar Pop for the PS2. The process to get the correct game was so convoluted (it was part of a larger order) that I'm just returning all of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rocketkiwi wrote:

I just had this happen today with video games. I ordered Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii and they sent me Singstar Pop for the PS2. The process to get the correct game was so convoluted (it was part of a larger order) that I'm just returning all of it.

I sorta wonder why you (and others above) didn't simply dispute the charges for the items in question with your credit card company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Oliver
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Gilby wrote:
I sorta wonder why you (and others above) didn't simply dispute the charges for the items in question with your credit card company.

I do not understand your use of the word "simply" in this context. Disputing a credit card charge is a major pain in the ass, moreso for piddly stuff like a $10 Settlers expansion. In addition, most card companies want you to deal with the merchant first, which in the case of Toys-R-Us is a large part of the "fun".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Nelson
United States
Fridley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awake, but in the mean time, rest well, and dream of Large Women.
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite my misgivings from all of your warnings, I ordered this for my brother-in-law anyway, as he has the old printing of Settlers and will have a difficult time getting the older expansion. It just arrived, packaged in one of those envelopes with the layer of bubble wrap inside. The box is in great condition. I have not taken of off the shrink-wrap, but I didn't notice any damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.