Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Giles
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Screwage is a term I see bandied about on this site. I like the term because it describes one of my favourite parts of gaming...getting the upper hand and making everyone pay for having the gall to even sit at the table Mwahhahahahahaha! or, conversely, screwing over the guy who thinks like that *take that you mean spirited b@st@rd!*.

I was thinking that it would be good to have a rating in a game's profile that showed screwage...then I realised that the profile really isn't where screwage should go, rather, a rating of player interactivity would be more appropriate there. Something that indicates if the game is just solitaire with 5 other people or a square dance.

So where should screwage go? Well to me a session report would be the best place because often there is a story to go with it so a five star rating that indicates just how badly someone got done over would be really handy for a few reasons.

1) It gives the author of a session report another way to tell his/her story.
2) It gives readers a way of indicating to the community that the session report describes an entertaining level of player interactivity
3) If the rating of player interactivity is implemented on a games profile it gives the statisticians on this site (and I know there a re a bunch of 'em) a way of improving the rating using the extra data collected in the session reports.

The rating for authors of session screwage could be a simple boolean...'there was screwage', 'there wasn't screwage'.

Now I know everyone who writes a session report would probably tick that 'there was screwage' to grub for thumbs but this is where the community steps in. They get to vote on the claim of screwage...'agree with author', 'disagree with author'. Its all pretty simple.

Anyhow what do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.