6 Posts

Vinci» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ship Building rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivana Cenkova
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
We have lately argued how the bonus for Ship Building is applied. Either it is applied on all provinces with adjacent light blue sea (i.e. also when attacking from 'North Italy' to 'Yugoslavia') or it is considered only between the two provinces which have borders that meet at dark blue sea (and thus the bonus is not applied in the above example).

Is it clear what I mean? Could someone help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it applies to all attacks between provinces with a sea boundary. But I don't have the game on me so I can't back that up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It applies when attacking FROM a province with light blue coastline TO a province with light blue coastline IF the light blue coastline spaces touch (adjacency of the provinces does not matter). It does not apply where only one of the involved provinces qualifies, nor does it apply across dark blue sea spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivana Cenkova
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
So the ligth blue sea does matter. Thanks, it was helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario bacchi
England
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sure seems like a LOT of provinces apply..we had a double ship building come up near the end of a 5pl game with some ravaged civs and the 12 tokens sure did a lot of ramapaging at effectively a cost of just 1 per province. it led to a comback victory and it felt a bit too powerful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ship building works attacking along a coast, which is somewhat unintuitive. But the rule as worded is pretty carefully phrased to ensure this is true on a strict reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.