Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Blohm
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little email birdie told me that Funagain has copies once again. I am not sure how many.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pottsie
United States
Lorton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still available at $64.50

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
Sold out now...

-ikiru

*enjoy the sauce*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, they jacked up the price big time. When I bought my copy from them during their first stocking it was only $45.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Pineda
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
Yup, high demand low supply.

Snooze ya lose hehe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Wow, they jacked up the price big time. When I bought my copy from them during their first stocking it was only $45.

Yeah I think they jack the price up of almost all of their games,hence why I will never shop with them. It is their choice to do so and apparently there are enough people who are willing to spend the extra money to keep them in business.

I am just waiting for the Wii phenomenon to occur where short run games are hoarded so people will charge crazy prices to people who want the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder why no one else is stocking this game. Does Funagain have another of their hated exclusives on this one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to put an order through for a copy, but after two days my order detail still says "Your order is waiting to be reviewed by a customer service representative." What gives? Are they just really busy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyspys wrote:
I am just waiting for the Wii phenomenon to occur where short run games are hoarded so people will charge crazy prices to people who want the game.

That's already happening, people are buying up games in short supply in order to resell them on eBay. It would be even worse if the retailers listened to you and sold the games even farther below true market value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
blindspot wrote:
I was able to put an order through for a copy, but after two days my order detail still says "Your order is waiting to be reviewed by a customer service representative." What gives? Are they just really busy?

It's getting closer. My order detail now says "Your order has been completed and is in our warehouse for shipment."

Not that I'm anxious or anything...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielfreak wrote:
It's getting closer. My order detail now says "Your order has been completed and is in our warehouse for shipment."

Not that I'm anxious or anything...

Mine too now (whew). Uh...me neither...other than my game group meets on Thursday. 8-[

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sellmeyer
United States
st louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
what is annoying me is that no one is letting us pre order this game, so we have to keep hovering around sites waiting in hope that they will release a case for us to feeding frenzy on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got read the "in-stock" email on Saturday morning (it was sent Friday night) and they were already out. That, to me, is more heinous than the price-gouging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to disappoint your theory about my desire for companies to charge crazy low prices but I pay retail all the time and in fact miss the days of the local retailer and quality service. Paying retail for a game is not the issue, but it is paying above retail, especially when I have to order a game because my local store can't order a product. But thanks for thinking about me anyway.

DaviddesJ wrote:
johnnyspys wrote:

That's already happening, people are buying up games in short supply in order to resell them on eBay. It would be even worse if the retailers listened to you and sold the games even farther below true market value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyspys wrote:
Paying retail for a game is not the issue, but it is paying above retail, especially when I have to order a game because my local store can't order a product.

There's no official "retail price" for Galaxy Trucker, the few copies available now are ones that individual game sellers imported from Europe in small quantities. The true "retail price" would be the one at which supply balances demand---but they are currently being sold for significantly less than that, as evidenced by how quickly they sell out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That answers my question about the English version being out yet or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The limited supply seems like this would be ideal for a Dutch auction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Pineda
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
Mine arrived, yesterday. I'm so stoked!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyspys wrote:
ScottE wrote:

Yeah I think they jack the price up of almost all of their games,hence why I will never shop with them. It is their choice to do so and apparently there are enough people who are willing to spend the extra money to keep them in business.

I was able to snag a copy from Time Well Spent for around $47. I know that they could have sold it for over $60 as other companies have done, but instead they chose to offer it at a reasonable price and in the process gained me as a future customer. Kudos for Time Well Spent for taking care of its customers. BTW, shipping was quick too!

I talked to one of the guys at Time Well Spent and he told me that the box of Galaxy Trucker came in unannounced (in fact they were waiting for a shipment of League of Six). Czech Games must have a difficult time filling orders, especially in the US.

-ikiru

*enjoy the sauce*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Daniels
United States
Walled Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
So you are saying that Funagain charges more for games that other companies? Doh. Plus their shipping is over-priced and not that reliable - Fedex delivered my order to the wrong apartment complex and to the wrong apartment # in that complex). Took me several hours to find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay told me a few days ago that he'd be distributing Galaxy Trucker in a few weeks, so unless you NEED it now, I'd wait since the prices will probably get cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.