Popular Tags: [View All]
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Mayor doubling the score of all houses in a lane and a house scoring an average of 10-12 points, is it really worth to set a Million aside at the start of your turn just to earn 1 more point at the end?

I think that this Million is much more profitable if used during the auctions. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess, if you have a lot of money (lucky bidding, paid by the other players for cubes), but the doubling mayor stands in front of the row that will probably not be finished, and that being the row where the majority of the houses counting for you stand (so he will double your negative score cry ) - well, it might be a good idea to put some of your money aside.

I haven`t played the game yet, but will for sure in the next week or so, it`s an interesting point I will try to find out in gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried this last night: a player set aside 6 Million during the game but he lost many points from buildings, so his 6 Millions didn't make any difference in the end.

Had he kept the money he would have won a critical auction giving him many more positive points.

The end scores varied a lot for these 6 Millions to become important:

Player 1: +7
Player 2: -19
Player 3: -46

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Maas
msg tools
mb
Playing just one round, the illegal income might not be of great influence on the outcome, but it really takes effect if you play several rounds as recommended since you have to start with the money you have got left then - you wont get any fresh money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This makes sense - there are some occasions in a single game (towards the end), where you could save some millions - and considering, say, three games in a row, where the "building" scores differ and maybe neutralize each other, a higher "illegal pot" may make an important difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chun Ping
Singapore
Portland
OREGON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
i dont really understand the rules about illegal income. you mean the money we have at the end of the game dont earn any point?

and how much money can i put into this illegal box? unlimited as long as i put one per turn?

And how does it work when i play a series of let say 3 games. the english rules is abit weird in that part. "illegal income is dissolved" what it mean? can some one please explain to me?

i just played this game today, but the owner taught us some rules wrong. we played with blanks roof on buildings, money counted as points towards the end and there was no illegal income.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.