• [+] Dice rolls
Tobias DeSoto
United States
Daytona Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome! My son and I have been playing this game for a few months, and some friends of mine in my gaming group gave into the urge and also have bought some decks, so this game is picking up some steam in my area (yeah!), that Red Dragon looks awesome! I can't wait to add some more decks to our collections.

Derek...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh. I have to admit, this came out a bit faster than I'd intended! Kaile (our graphic designer put up the page), but I didn't realize we'd already leaked the dragon. (Well, one of them...)

To answer your question, the Red Dragon can breathe fire twice per battle. When it does, you mark off one of the fire icons on its stat bar to indicate that you've used it up.

Fire. Fire. Heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the link by the way:

Monsters & Mercenaries

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reepicheep wrote:
"Fire. Fire. Heh."

Yes, against all reason and logic, this will be uttered, without fail, EVERY single time that the dragon activates its fiery breath. It is juvenile, ridiculous...and utterly appropriate...huh-huh...

I was planning on singing the Trogdor song myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we going to get a list of whats in the decks?

Also It looks like this is its own army with the command cards, starter and reinforcement decks. I thought these were going to be used as mercenary cards in the other armies, has there been a change made? Not that I would mind either way. I'm just curious.

"And the Trogdor comes in the NIIIIIIGHT!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll be doing a preview article sometime fairly soon, but remember this faction is still months out. We're just sending files to the printer now.

So, no deck lists or complete unit descriptions yet, but you're right that we moved it from being just a bunch of monsters and mercenaries to being a faction in its own right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:

So, no deck lists or complete unit descriptions yet, but you're right that we moved it from being just a bunch of monsters and mercenaries to being a faction in its own right.

That makes me even more interested!

But will the be able to be used in other armies?

For me personally? I hope not...since the thing with mercenaries is that they are able to lift the weakness of an army, making it strong in all aspects, never liked that aspect (at least in warhammer)

Great work btw! Love to see more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you'll be able to use these units in other armies.

The issue of shoring up the weaknesses of other armies is something we put a lot of thought into. Naturally this set will give players a chance to try to do this, but not without some costs. An Umenzi army, for example, can hire a front line with a defensive profile of 2/3 but I suspect they would be ill-advised to do so.

Of course, as much as we test we can't be sure until the product is out there and our army of players sinks their teeth into it. You'll have to tell us what you think when you've had a chance to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kowalczyk
United States
Somonauk
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Yes, you'll be able to use these units in other armies.

The issue of shoring up the weaknesses of other armies is something we put a lot of thought into. Naturally this set will give players a chance to try to do this, but not without some costs. An Umenzi army, for example, can hire a front line with a defensive profile of 2/3 but I suspect they would be ill-advised to do so.

Of course, as much as we test we can't be sure until the product is out there and our army of players sinks their teeth into it. You'll have to tell us what you think when you've had a chance to play!

I have been on the fence about purchasing into this game as I already play a variety of miniature wargames and have painted armies for them, but I am so impressed with Chad's willingness and availablility to communicate with the players of this game (and by all I read this is a great game)that I am going to give into the urge to try out this system and purchase a couple of starter decks and start playing!

Chad- Keep up the good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.