5 Posts

El Grande» Forums » Rules

Subject: retrieving caballeros off the board -- king region rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If all my caballeros are on the board and I need some for my court, can I retrieve my caballeros from the king's region, or only from the other regions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toasted Jones
United Kingdom
Rugeley
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall a specific rule for this, however, it is stated that if a player thinks they can move caballeros in or out of the kings region, they are wrong. Therefore, the answer is no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ONLY change that is ever allowed in the King's region is to move the king to a different region. The rules are very clear on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say it's as much as your caballeros' life is worth to leave the King's region because some other place is supposedly more important!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. I agree that the rules are clear about movements in the king's region but I had this nagging question because grabbing caballeros off the board to stock the court almost seems like a non-move, or a move outside the normal flow of play. I'm glad that no movement means no movement in each and every conceivable situation... this adds tactical depth to king movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.