Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
We have always been dangerously close to scoring too many points in our combined games of Carcassonne. But now that Abbey & Mayor is mixed in, it seems like every game will go over 200 points. It's probably about time that the next expansion include new scoring tiles to assist with record keeping. I'd like to see either new tiles marked 150/200 (or 200/300) or at least another set of 50/100's.

Another aspect of record keeping would be to help out with the King and Robber Baron. The person with the longest city / road gets the respective marker. But we constantly have to go back and count which city/road was the largest to see if we surpassed it. I usually take unused meeples of a different colors and "assign" it to the King or Robber and place them ont he score track. That way we can see "7" is the number to beat for example and when we go to "8+" iot gets moved.

It would be nice though to see Carcassonne provide either new meeples to represent these guys or small cardboard chits (about the size of the trade goods) that look like the King and Robber tiles we have now.

All of these things can easily be handled through improvising pieces (in final scoring last night when we ran out of score tiles, the unused Abbey pieces were "worth 50 pts"). Like I said, I pull other markers for the King and Robber. I just thought in light of the new 6th expansion coming out that duplicates most of what I own except 5 tiles, perhaps they could make it a bit more appealing by tossing in a few goodies.

What other miscellaneous things would make the game more covneient? does the cloth bag need to be bigger now with all the tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Something you might want to try that I've been considering is ordering some "nude" meeples from http://meeplepeople.com/ and painting them with either a robber / king / etc. motif, or making some 50/100/etc. meeples, keeping the theme strong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Banks
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep -- we've been dealing with these issues here, too! Certainly, a larger tile bag is in order, along with more/higher denomination scoring tiles -- as I just broke 500 for the first time last night!

Also, per my own house rule, I would *LOVE* to see a Bishop or Monk tile -- like the Robber & King, it is held by the player who has closed the most cloisters, and all completed cloisters score that player 3 points and end game. Combined with our existing Abbey rules (when a cloister is complete, player scores nine & can choose to leave the cloister occupied & try for the next concentric ring of tiles, for 16/24/32 more points or nothing if incomplete at end game) these make the cloisters actually a genuinely viable option for a change.

I like the naked meeple suggestion, tho!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kelley
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Go Bulldogs!
badge
A comical familiar for an absent-minded wizard.
mbmbmbmbmb
Something that might work well are the mini-poker chips, like in Axis & Allies. They're fairly inexpensive and stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.