Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan M
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many do you think is ideal? I'm thinking 2 or 3, with 4 being a bit too random. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bourrillion
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killjoy00 wrote:
How many do you think is ideal? I'm thinking 2 or 3, with 4 being a bit too random. Thoughts?

After one play, I'd hazard a guess that the ideal number of players is zero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I have only played Gloom with three, and it is awesome. We really enjoy Gloom in my little group and it sees the table often.

True

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played with 3 and liked it too... was wondering if I should try with 2 or 4 Guess I'll have to do it to find out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 works well.

Of course, I can't imagine playing too many times.

Not because I didn't find the game fun enough as a filler type game, but because I don't think the cards will survive terribly long. They were already wearing out before we had played once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played with 2, 3 and 4. Tends to be longer with 4 but otherwise pretty much the same game.

The wear on the cards does depend on which edition you have. Mine are showing signs of wear after about 15 plays but they are all still as legible as when they were bought (i.e. fine for those with good eyesight in good light, a struggle for anyone else).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boltongeordie wrote:

The wear on the cards does depend on which edition you have.

Really? Is it the newer ones that are better? And is there a way to differentiate between editions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed! Four naturally takes a bit longer, but no real difference otherwise. Either three OR four has worked well for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Nelson
United States
Fridley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awake, but in the mean time, rest well, and dream of Large Women.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played with two, and my thought was that it would be a better game with more than two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
keethrax wrote:
Really? Is it the newer ones that are better? And is there a way to differentiate between editions?
Apparently it is the newer ones that are better. It seems like it is only the very old ones in Europe which are worse, though I think the poorer quality ones hung around for longer in the US.

I have no idea how to tell them apart, perhaps it was wrong to choose the word "edition", "printing" might have been more accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.