Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I would have elected option 2. The Old Nixon is played for effect which then triggers Nixon's Pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You state playing a card and resolving it are two differnt things. "Playing" a card then would mean that you lay it on the table. At that point, it is neither an "event" nor a "campaign action." Therefore, Nixon's Pledge doesn't know how to react to it.

Once it has been declared to be used as an event, the event takes effect (And if you want to get ticky-tacky, "playing" "reading" and "resolving" all are mentioned int eh same sentance which means it should all be resolved simultaneously). Then Nixon's Pledge would kick-in, now knowing that the cards was not played for Campaign Actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Leonhard
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Option (2) is correct. You resolve the effects of playing The Old Nixon event (momentum marker losses), then you resolve the effects triggered by having played it (the penalty imposed by Nixon's Pledge). Good question!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
bill_of_pa wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
And if you want to get ticky-tacky

Not sure what I did to deserve that.

I am sorry if somehow you think I am attacking you here. I am not.

Sorry. I was not attacking you! Nor do I think you were attacking me. I was just backing up my position further. And when I said "ticky-tacky" I meant it in a general way that if we try to drill down and be lawyerly, it would still seem to imply that "playing" a card is the same as "declaring how you are playing it."

But it is a moot point. The designer has stated the 2nd option is the correct way to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.