Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I uploaded the file, "The King's Mobilization", untested, because I had blind faith that it would change the end game play of "K und F"...and it did, in the following case.

First of all Orange (myself) was never a factor. I was constantly attacked and bribed (perhaps because it is my game and and the others were being wary), and I never seemed to be able to collect the proper resource combinations.
Black (to my left) was the noble who started out with the biggest strength, and kept it up until past mid-game which is where his fortunes started to wane. White (to my right) eventually won a couple of "build" agendas late to gain the lead. But Yellow stayed within striking distance, being able to use the "king's bounty" two turns in a row against Black (who always seemed to have a fistfull of cards. So with 5 parts of the cathederal built, and no "privilege" agendas left, the score was as follows.
White: 8 Yellow: 7 Black: 7 Orange: (a pitiful) 3.

Somehow I (Orange) had managed to win the last privilege, so I turned it in to change the agenda to war, giving me my best chance to play spoiler. Yellow had 7 cards left, while the rest of us had only 3 or 4 each, so he won the bidding, built the cathederal roof, and by normal standards would have won the game, with 11 points. Winning the bid used all of his cards.

So we then played the year out. Being the advisor, I burned a Yellow farmstead earning 2 resources. I also burned a Black hut to gain 2 more resources. Black also burned the last Yellow hut, earning 2 resources. Yellow was now cardless and without any extra income. When it was White's turn, he built 1 farm (giving him a pair), and did nothing else. Then we collected final income. Orange was able to turn in the resources for 4 more points. Black was able to gain 3 more points, doing the same. Yellow had only 1 card (a half pointer), so his score didn't change. White had enough resources to gain 3 points, which put him into a tie with Yellow. Both were left with only 1 un-scored card at the end, thus ended up tied even after the tie-breaker.

Final Score: Yellow: 11, White: 11, Black: 10, Orange: 7

So what did we accomplish after 90+ minutes...a tie! On the surface, a tie isn't the result you would hope for. But the truth is that playing the game with this variant, worked exactly as it was supposed to...namely insuring that the player who built the last cathederal piece, will not necessarily be the runaway winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.