Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Crawford
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been running a replay of the 2006 UCLA football season using Inside Blitz, and also playing other Games of the Week from the rest of college football with IB along the way. The rest of the schedule has been played out using a quick-play game of my own creation.

Ohio St. and Auburn both finished the regular season with perfect records, and earned their way to the BCS National Championship game. I posted more about the entire season over on the Delphi forums, http://forums.delphiforums.com/ISGF/messages?msg=58.1, but thought I would post the championship game here.

Buckeyes Claim National Championship

The Ohio St. Buckeyes beat the Auburn Tigers for the BCS National Championship, 33-23. The Buckeyes used a very effective ground game, including two big runs for touchdowns, and a stout second half defense to finish their perfect season and earn their second national title of the decade.

The first half saw a lot of offense, while the second half was all defense. Ohio St. took a 10-3 lead when Chris Wells broke off a 49 yard touchdown run in the first quarter. The Buckeyes soon extended their lead to 17-6 when Antonio Pittman followed suit with a 37 yard TD run.

Then Auburn blazed back. They drove down and scored a TD to make it 17-13. On the next play from scrimmage, OSU fumbled the ball away, and Auburn scooped it up and returned it for another touchdown to make it 17-20. The Buckeyes managed a field goal as time was expiring in the first half to tie it back up at 20 apiece.

After that, Auburn's offense sputtered. They opened the second half with four straight punts, then finally managed a field goal when OSU fumbled the ball away again in their own territory. The Buckeyes would end up with four lost fumbles on the day. Auburn had only about 130 yards of offense in the second half, 60 of which came on the final play of the game, a long bomb that was complete just short of the goal line.

For their part, Ohio St. managed another Chris Wells touchdown and two more field goals in the second half. That was enough to win the game and the championship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.