Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Abner
United States
Johnstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Massacre at Main and Elm.

Match 2 saw the #1 pick in the draft, Tenebro, lead his team of Da Blink and Blue Malkin against the muscle bound team of Demoniac, Manchine, and the withering Marasmos.

Match 1 was a tactical game of cat and mouse (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/270029)

There would be much less finesse in this match up.

Set up:

Round 1:

Initiative to Team Demon

Marasmos moves to start the game.

Blue Malkin surprises everyone (we were all watching this one) and charges Marasmos and pops him for an early POW.

Demoniac glides off the roof and lands on the roof in the middle of the board.

Da Blink teleports next to Marasmos and punches him for POW #2. The old man is staggering!

Manchine moves down to the 3 square and Dynablasts Blink for a POW.

The round ends with Marasmos "Decaying" Blue Malkin and Da Blink for a POW because they are adjacent to him.

Round 2:

Initiative to Team Tenebro

Blue Malkin stays put and clocks Marasmos again for his 3rd POW.

Marasmos Withers Da Blink, who decides not to avoid the attack. Blink cannot attack the old man now this round due to the Wither.

Instead, Da Blink teleports out of the area to avoid Manchine's Dynablast.

Demoniac glides from the roof and POWs Tenebro, who then moves.

Marasmos decays Blue Malkin again...

Round 3:

Initiative to Team Demon

Marasmos Withers Blue Malkin. She's on death's door. A hard lesson on how not to deal with the old man -- DRAFT RANGED FIGHTERS.

Malkin gets out of the Wither Man's range.

Demoniac goes to a black square to attack Blink and knocks him out! But Da Blink escapes via his POOF ability! (needs to roll a 2+).

Tenebro POWs Demoniac for being on a black square. Tenebro's Black Out power isn't quite as good against this team because they're so strong to begin with.

Manchine also goes to a black square and misses Blue Malkin.

Round 4:

Initiative to Team Tenebro

Blue Malkin walks up and finishes off Marasmos. He's removed from play.

Manchine uses Power Boost and attacks Blue Malkin for the KO. But she uses Nine Lives (rolls a 4+) and lives to fight another round!

Demoniac attacks Da Blink again -- and scores a KO! "Poof" failed -- he rolled a 1. Yikes! Da Blink is gone from play.

Tenebro POWs Demoniac for being on black.

Round 5:

Initiative to Team Demon

Manchine uses Power Boost again to KO Blue Malkin -- this time her lives run out. She rolls a 3.

Tenebro POWs Demoniac again. He still far from KO'ed though.

Demoniac returns the favor...

It's now a slightly injured Demoniac and Manchine against a dinged up Tenebro. It's only a matter of time before Tenebro buys the farm. The leader of Team Tenebro knows this, and resigns the game.

Team Demoniac wins 2-0.

I think this was just an awful match up for Tenebro's team. Demoniac and Manchine are really tough. I still wasn't thrilled with the Malkin pick to begin with but losing Da Blink to a 1 roll effectively ended the game.

Match #3 should be a barn burner:

Team 2: YGG, Moon Beast, Serapha
vs
Team 5: Nightshade, Fantazm, Mysteria
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two for two - thanks for the recaps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla Harper
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun! I'm really enjoying these reports.

Did I understand correctly that Demoniac started the game on a rooftop? If so, for what it's worth, I believe that goes against the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Abner
United States
Johnstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She-Wolf wrote:
Fun! I'm really enjoying these reports.

Did I understand correctly that Demoniac started the game on a rooftop? If so, for what it's worth, I believe that goes against the rules.

Yep. I told them that after they set up the game, but the Tenebro player let him do it (I think he could see that he was in big trouble regardless). I play Team Demoniac next round. He won't be starting with the high ground.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong, but I think the board orientation should be the other way - the black 4-spaces are part of the starting zones and the red 4-spaces are the middle of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla Harper
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FlyingArrow wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think the board orientation should be the other way - the black 4-spaces are part of the starting zones and the red 4-spaces are the middle of the board.

That's right! I knew something else seemed funky about that setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Abner
United States
Johnstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She-Wolf wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

That's right! I knew something else seemed funky about that setup.

LOL now that one I didn't notice. Not sure how I didn't see that but we've always played it at the end of the board like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool reports. I like the tourney set up.

If others are like me, we are anxiously awaiting the next contest and thereafter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwquinn wrote:
Very cool reports. I like the tourney set up.

If others are like me, we are anxiously awaiting the next contest and thereafter.

Hear, Hear! When's the next clash?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Abner
United States
Johnstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you all are liking them. It's been fun. The YGG vs. Nightshade match should be tonight -- hopefully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.