Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Spellman
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my son Memoir for Christmas, it sat under the tree until this afternoon when we finally had a moment to open a few things we have been wanting to while doing the family visit thing.

Enter Pegasus Bridge. I had played the game before at the club and was ready to teach my son the game. We are watching Band of Brothers on DVD, he is reading the book and is interested in ASL SK. I wanted to slowly bring him into the wonderful world of gaming before tossing him head first into ASL....see here we went...

I set up the board, units and all then dealt the cards, face up, and told him to hold on tight. We went over the rules real quick, explaining movement, LOS, battling and victory conditions. Being 14 he got the gist of it and was ready to take out the old man.

He was the Allied and I the Germans. We played the first game with all the cards face up. We went over the pros and cons of each card he got as well as the tactical time to play each. Over all he did very well, after a hand or two he was on his own and moving towards his goals of Pegasus Bridge AND eliminating my units.

The majority of the fighting revolved around the defenses of the Bridge, with the wire, sandbags and river to protect the Germans, he had a heck of a time getting in there but in the end, he took the other bridge and eliminated 3 of my units, to my one of his.

Score 4-1

I explained the balance theory in that we play twice, once as each side and he was out of his seat and setting up the board again for another round. This time is was cards in hand and no help. I came at him hard on both flanks and pushed him back off the defensive at Pegasus but was punished at the other bridge when his two squads decimated my one holding the bridge AND the victory point.

In the end the Germans held the bridges and the old man was defeated 4-1, yet again...

Final tally 8-2 and a young man hooked and ready to game again...

Turning over the board he said, let's use some tanks now....

Sword Beach was next on his list...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kelley
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Go Bulldogs!
badge
A comical familiar for an absent-minded wizard.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the point where my boys are, too. They want to get some armor on the board. Hopefully we'll get a chance to play a bit later in the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.