Popular Tags: [View All]
Zack Boatman
United States
Tesuque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I went down to Kevin's to play Britannia. Chris was going to be there about an 30 minutes later than Kevin, Alex and I so Kevin wanted to try Mordred. Alex was interested as he was thinking of trading for it and I had never heard of it.
Having no idea what to expect we dove into the first game. I think it took us about 20 minutes to play. Alex and I quickly raced up the 'helping Mordred" track and Kevin won the game by way of having helped the least as Alex rolled himself off the board.
In the next game, which we played immediately after the first, we all pretty much rolled on the A chart and I was able to squeak out a narrow victory by have more victory points on the board as we had an equal number of Mordred's men and buildings on the board.
We played a four player game after we finished Britannia, and I was able to win by killing Mordred in the castle. I didn't spend any money until (what ended up being) the last turn. I then built off of Alex's castle and
had a successful run and kill up the mountain pass.
All in all I would say that I enjoyed the game because it didn't take us any longer than about 20 minutes per game and it was just fun enough that the randomness wasn't a detractor. I do think that the price tag is a bit much for what you get-the game should probably be around $30 (I think some of the proceeds go to charity, but I'm not sure about all that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sorbello
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
I do think that the price tag is a bit much for what you get-the game should probably be around $30 (I think some of the proceeds go to charity, but I'm not sure about all that).

All of the profits will go to TSUK, a registered charity. Only 1000 copies.
If a game is good and fun, does the pricetag really matter as long as it's fair? You do get lots of very high quality wooden in this one and it's a limited edition. So i would guess that it's not very expensive at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.