Subject: Opposite Armies with same labels rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edmond Blackadder
France
Le Mans
Unspecified
flag msg tools
In order to play Sceanrio X or scenarios involving two greek armies for example, do you think it is usefull to pick up two copies of each boxes and for example have one greek army on blue blocks as "normal case" and one additional greek army on tan blocks ? As a consequence having eastern armies on tan and blue blocks as well.
The same with republican romans and carthaginians armies, and marian romans and barbarians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
In some of the scenarios in Expansion 2 and 3, the same armies needed to be distinguished form each other. Their recommendation was to keep one side standing up and the other laying flat.

It may be best to follow this suggestion for what you plan to do. I personally think buying a 2nd set would be wasteful (but if you have the $$ to spare, that's your choice). I also think it would be more confusing to carry additional armies on the "wrong" color. I would try to find a cheaper, less permanant solution first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can "stretch" the size of the armies by using only one block to denote each unit and using generic markers or tokens to indicate "casualties" (lost blocks).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, none of the published scenarios require this. It would appear only to be a problem in Greek-on-Greek scenarios, and there just substitute another armies blocks.

In fact, I have found my self substituting Greek blocks into the Carthrage v. Syracuse scenarios in the base game, since I now have the Greeks from Expansion One.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Nott
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
sdiberar wrote:
You can "stretch" the size of the armies by using only one block to denote each unit and using generic markers or tokens to indicate "casualties" (lost blocks).

This sounds like the best solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, but you could use Franchi's stickers and put 'greeks' on one side of a lot of the 'eastern' blocks (some of the eastern blocks are greeks anyway. Use 'eastern' side up when the army is eastern, or greek side up for the greek v greek scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.