GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,854 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Catch Phrase!» Forums » General

Subject: Help Me -- How many words do you get per round? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Blumer
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the purposes of a game night at church with a wide age range, I would like to run Catch Phrase as a cooperative game similar to Hoopla. In Hoopla each person tries to get everyone else to guess their word and everyone tries to get all the words guessed before time runs out.

To set this cooperative version up I need an estimate of words solved per minute.

How many words does your group typically get for each round?

Thanks much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I haven't really paid much attention. We used to play regular Catch Phrase but have recently switched over to the Electronic version. It seems the time is different between the two. And I have no idea how long either time is. 30 seconds seem too short, 1 minute seems too long. Maybe it's around 45 seconds?

From what I recall, we typically have 6 players when we play and on the original, I might see the thing twice in one round. So I would say we got 8~10 words out on average. With the Electronic one, I want to say I was lucky if I saw it even once per round. So maybe 5~7 words.

So if the timer is around 45 seconds, I'd say 10~12 is probably how many words you can get out in a minute. 5 seconds per word sounds OK if you are passing the game, clicking to the next word, think about it and try to get a couple clues out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Blumer
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks much.

The electronic game's timer goes about 50 seconds.

Our plays typically run 4-8 words a round, so very similar to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.