Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does a necromanced monster count as a hero for purposes of figuring what can be seen for spawning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sellmeyer
United States
st louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think yes, but anything else that says that it prevents spawning specifically says so like boggs the rat, that eye in the jar, etc.

Do necromacied figures have full hero status (can keep watch from spawning) or do they still have some vestiges of their former selves that wouldn't rat on their fellow monsters, and let them sneak by?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe they prevent monster spawning. As the undead, they would be too stupid to report anything they saw anyway.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah If you roll well enough to keep your new pet from going poof, then yep, it's just like a Boggs that can attack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Christine Biancheria wrote:
Does a necromanced monster count as a hero for purposes of figuring what can be seen for spawning?

After double-checking both rulebooks:
1- The basic rules clearly state that spawning is hindered by line of sight of "hero figures".
2- Nothing in the Necromancy description leads me to believe that an animated monster would qualify as a "hero figure". It's still being referred to as a monster. "Friendly figure", sure. But not a hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokelau
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Giles reply. Minions from necromancy won't stop monsters from spawning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.