ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Excuse my noobiness here:

I'm having trouble with AH .. just the basics.

What do you do with the Gate Markers? treat them like a deck of cards and draw one when you are about to go through a gate?

I really couldn't find that in the rulebook. It just syas to "go through the corresponding Other world" when your at a "green diamond" location. Which other world?

I did find the house rule variant where you place all the gate markers face down on the locals and the investigator can choose to go through the gate...but then what happens during the Mythos phase when you open a gate at the location indicated on the card .. in this case I only have one leftover gate marker

thanks in advance
t.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
PROTEIN. WATER. LIQUOR.
mbmbmbmbmb
You draw the gate markers blind, as you would from a deck of cards. Put them on the location noted on the card during the mythos phase (except when there already exists a gate at the location or the location is sealed, then read the rules )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InGA
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make a stack of the 16 gates. Shuffle them up face down.

When a Mythos card specifies that a gate opens in a location, draw the top gate and up it FACE UP in the indicated location. (Note: The location will NEVER be a green diamond location - Green diamonds are stable. Only the Red Diamond locations are unstable and can have gates open there.)

During the Arkham encounter phase any Investigator in the same location as a gate is sent to the first portion of the other world indicated on the gate. (An Investigator is also sent to the other world if a gate opens underneath them.)

Hope that helps!

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.