Subject: Ticket to Ride rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BJ
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
"Yeah I killed women and children, killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another and I'm here to kill you Little Bill"
badge
"It's a Sicilian message. It means Luci Brasi sleeps with the fishes."
mbmbmbmbmb
It is always a challenge picking the appropriate game to introduce into a new group of gamers. Fortunately for us, Days of Wonder produced the wonderfully versatile game - Ticket to Ride.

The first thing that makes Ticket to Ride such a good “transition” game is how quickly people can learn how to play it. The game takes literally less than two minutes to explain. This is especially good for groups that you have tried to introduce games with more complicated mechanics to in the past. I’ve found that once you’ve lost someone’s interest in explaining a game once, you’d better make it a quick explanation the next time or you’ll lose them forever.

The second thing that makes Ticket to Ride a good game to introduce new players to is that it usually takes less than an hour to play. I say usually because I recently played this game at a couple’s night and the game clocked in at over an hour for the first time that I ever played it. That being said, it is still a manageable time for new gamers.

The third reason why I like Ticket to Ride as an introductory game is that the more experienced player teaching the game to the new players can still have fun as there is enough luck in the game to give new players at least a chance of being competitive with the experienced player.

Ticket to Ride is a fun, fast game. It may not be the one that an experienced game group continually returns to. However, as a transition game it is excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.