Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the process of modifying the rules on passing for my miniatures rules.

Deviating the actual target location from the declared location is easy enough. I'm using a direction die. That's a 6 or more sided die with arrows drawn on them.

However, the rules about moving players during the ball movement segment to get them to deflect or catch a pass (including the extensive paragraph on pass interference) could use some streamlining.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to streamline this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just now getting through the blocking rules. All I can say is wow, what a system! A mini approach makes more sense especially since you can use either "football guys (they have Michigan and OSU)" or the tudor game football players (without the bases of course). I'll look at the passing rules and see what ideas I can come up with. I also bought Scientific Football 2006 which actually validates the blocking rules in GLS. These guys were ahead of their time.

My main goal is to figure out how to stop that &**&#* spread offense...
Go bucks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For my miniatures version, I bought a set of those electric football figures and cut them off from their bases. I then use 1" fender washers and marked 30-degree tics on them, and then mounted the football players on them. I'm using a scale of 1" equals 1 yard.

Can you tell me more about Scientific Football 2006?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a cool idea. I was thinking of putting them on little hexagonal bathroom tiles. DO you have any pictures?

Scientific Football rates the offensive line players on blocking %successful and yards per success. Same for defensive line players.
http://thefootballscientist.com/
http://thefootballscientist.com/scientific_football/sample.p...
check out page 14 in the sample file for the ratings of the Bengals. He explains the ratings in the front section.

That part of the ratings fits perfect with GLS which uses a nominal 60% which fits well with the average ratings in the book. I guess the guy watches a bunch of films and rates each block among other things.

oh yeah my blog
http://dismalnumbers.blogspot.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for pointing out the Scientific Football PDF file.

I'll try to take some pictures of my miniatures. My camera doesn't do Macro so well, so the miniatures might look a bit, well, miniature.

I bought a piece of green velour of about 55" x 99" that's use for model trains. I think it's the perfect size for my gridiron. However, painting those white lines and hashmarks is going to be a pain. The lines will be unlabeled. I'll used folded cardstock tents with numbers on them to indicate the yard lines. This will allow me to reposition the playing area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The train thing is a great idea. The lines could be tough, I'll have to think about that some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried using white corrective tape, but it doesn't stay on. I'm gonna go to an art store and pick up a white ink pen and try drawing it using a ruler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
let me know how it turns out, I have no skill in this area...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used one of those laser levelers that you use for hanging pictures on a wall. I shoot the laser across the width of the mat, and then put a pencil mark about every 12" along the laser line. When I get a white pen, I'll use an 18" ruler to draw between these pencil lines and hopefully get a reasonably straight yard line stripe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.