Popular Tags: inappropriate_humor [+] [View All]
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
You know who you are or you wouldn't be here. Give yourself a thumbsup just for showing up. There is coffee and doghnuts in the back, just use up all the illegal pharmaceutical I've supplied before the N.A. group shows up, as they've got this place next and last time there was a bit of a problem -- you, whatsyourname, leaving your cocaine where anyone could find it!

Now the first Thumb Whore topic of the day is:

Stormseeker's Quest for a 100.

Our good buddy and able contributer to this site -- the one with the ugliest avatar on BGG -- is depressed. None of his GeekLists have, as of yet, hit the magical 100 Thumbs.

My request is simple. Go to some of his recent GLs and look them over. If you like them, give the man a thumb. You'll feel all warm and gooyee inside.

The next topic, which will be handled by the next speaker is:

Thumbing Yourself: How can it be wrong when it feels so right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I'm feeling lonely, I like to double-thumb myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jpat wrote:

There are days when I just wish I had more thumbs....er, is this thing ON? ....damn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
jpat wrote:

There are days when I just wish I had more thumbs....er, is this thing ON? ....damn.

The easiest way is to get more hands first. The thumbs usually follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Stormseeker's Quest:
Did his girlfriend ever get a 100 thumb list? To find joy in the success of a loved one, shouldn't that be enough?

Thumbing yourself...
Part of me wants to really know how many thumbs I actually have gotten, and now to do so would take a tremendous effort to go unthumb myself...

I believe I have a case of thumber's remorse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did someone mention thumbs??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize for my "double-thumbing" image and will retract it if enough people vote for that here with their thumbs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Oh crap! Sorry I'm late! I don't remember seeing a meeting announcement in the newsletter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
I only thumb myself when I want attention...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before we all start giving away thumbs... Have you washed your thumbs today?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've spent all day sitting on my thumbs, so they might be a little bit brown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
MGBM wrote:
Before we all start giving away thumbs... Have you washed your thumbs today?

I promise I have!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if we could find a substitute for thumbs, they are a little small and it is unfair to use them as a standard of excellency when not everyone has them. Maybe our greatness can be displayed by high fives. Not only are high fives a renewable source of affirmation, but they are great for religious gatherings (clap so fast it looks like you are praying) and lower back massages (in case your other hand is otherwise occupied). Knock yourself out, Narcissus.

And while I realize that not everyone can clap, it is at the very least a step in the right direction. Not only is it easier to give away a high five than a finger, but even those without thumbs are now capable of participating. I know that I have given away too many to count, and my Iranian contractor is raising prices it can be hard to secure more. Eventually, we can perhaps move onto the 'chest bump' or 'body check' standard.

Conversely, we could also communicate approval telepathically. Aldie should get to work on a mind portal right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rukasu wrote:
I wonder if we could find a substitute for thumbs, they are a little small and it is unfair to use them as a standard of excellency when not everyone has them. Maybe our greatness can be displayed by high fives. Not only are high fives a renewable source of affirmation, but they are great for religious gatherings (clap so fast it looks like you are praying) and lower back massages (in case your other hand is otherwise occupied). Knock yourself out, Narcissus.

And while I realize that not everyone can clap, it is at the very least a step in the right direction. Not only is it easier to give away a high five than a finger, but even those without thumbs are now capable of participating. I know that I have given away too many to count, and my Iranian contractor is raising prices it can be hard to secure more. Eventually, we can perhaps move onto the 'chest bump' or 'body check' standard.

Conversely, we could also communicate approval telepathically. Aldie should get to work on a mind portal right away.

SECURITY!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jpat wrote:
Rukasu wrote:

SECURITY!!

Really, I am only trying to, well, you know...subve-I mean, help. Back to your regularly scheduled meeting:

I have green thumbs. Why do my plants keep dying?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rukasu wrote:
I have green thumbs. Why do my plants keep dying?

You need to fertilize your thumbs, stat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rukasu wrote:

Look, buddy, none of us want the clap. Go spread that stuff somewhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only 1500+ thumbs. I'll never reach 2008 by the end of the year at this rate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noaceyet wrote:
I have only 1500+ thumbs. I'll never reach 2008 by the end of the year at this rate.

I want my Golden Meeple by my birthday. That's about 2000 more in next 4+ months! It took me 4+ to accumulate these 3000, so the math cannot work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osiris Ra wrote:
Rukasu wrote:

Look, buddy, none of us want the clap. Go spread that stuff somewhere else.

But the mind portal...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got 2 new games yesterday cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick tip: If you Google "Thumb Whore", this thread doesn't come up in the top ten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Longbow wrote:
Quick tip: If you Google "Thumb Whore", this thread doesn't come up in the top ten.

That can be quickly fixed. Hurry, thumb everyone you see out there. Someone passes by you on the street, thumb them. Someone at your work remarks something, thumb them. Thumb everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Longbow wrote:

Quick tip: Don't Google "Thumb Whore"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, but I have been too busy running around. How is the meeting going? Oh, and avoid the stuff than looks like chocolate. Someone's been thumbing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.