Popular Tags: money [+] [View All]
ian smith
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
badge
I Play Green
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of you will be aware of the regular game requirement that is keeping your stash hidden. So the question I put to you is ..... Where do you keep that secret stash during game play.

I personally opt to sit on my wad whereas my wife would like to use her cleavage, alas some of our fellow games don't like to find the cash returned a little crumpled (personally I think this is a small price to pay to see a beautiful woman pull cash from between her bosoms on a weekly basis)

Our good friend and fellow geek Ivan is rendered completely disabled if a left hand shirt pocket is unavailable.

How do you tackle this major problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
For Railroad Tycoon I designed a print-and-build "wallet" for keeping your money both unrumpled and hidden. But nowadays we use poker chips and a player screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A trip to the store produced a few black plastic boxes which have been dubbed the "Boxes o' Secrets" for all our hidden information needs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
smithpernu wrote:
Many of you will be aware of the regular game requirement that is keeping your stash hidden. So the question I put to you is ..... Where do you keep that secret stash during game play.

Must.

Resist.

Temptation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually sit on paper money, or put it in my pocket if I have a sweatshirt on or something with loose pockets.

I always want the shirt pocket but I never seem to wear those shirts on game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I convert it to GeekGold, where Aldie keeps it safe for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE EATEN BY A
badge
ɥɔʇıןƃ ʎʇıןɐǝɹ
mbmbmbmbmb
You know how it feels when you put on your coat and find a fiver in the pocket? It's even better when it's a share from Acquire.

blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stimson
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most men's eyes drift towards cleavage. I have to think this isn;t the best hiding spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    Naturally I'm playing the MB Express games exclusively, each of which comes with an electronic money counter. Soon all the games will have them!

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Herman
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In full view--if I really care, stacked with the smallest denomination on top. If player screens that don't suck are included with the game (Modern Art's are terrible), I'll use those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
stayman wrote:
Most men's eyes drift towards cleavage. I have to think this isn;t the best hiding spot.

I think that rather depends on how much you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toasted Jones
United Kingdom
Rugeley
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smithpernu wrote:
I personally opt to sit on my wad whereas my wife would like to use her cleavage

That would certainly add a new dimension to the steal a coin tile in Drakon (third edition)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
stayman wrote:

Cleavage? Money? Or both?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karlsen wrote:
clearclaw wrote:
stayman wrote:

Cleavage? Money? Or both?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just keep it in front of me, I routinely keep my money in enough of a mess you can't tell what is there just by looking at it.

Some games money is meant to be open so I have to be a bit neater. Clearclaw of course believes that if money can be tracked it should be held openly.

In Junta the notes are cleverly designed so they show the amount on only one side. Hence you can put the money in your swiss bank account face down with your little counter on top of it. The money in my 'pocket' I normally put in a seperate face down pile in front of me.

(In Junta money is not trackable, firstly because the other players are not told how much you deposit/withdraw from your Swiss Bank Account when you visit the bank, and secondly because the secret political donation card gets you a note from the money stack and no one but you knows whether that note is 1,2 or 3 Million Pesos)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
You see this cash, Johny. Your father wanted you to have it. He gave it to me when we were stuck in a POW camp in 'Nam. I smuggled it out for you Johny, 'cause I made a promise to your old man. Take it. And appreciate where it came from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep it in a pocket if it's paper. If it's bits/chits/coind I normally keep clenched in my hand.

Sometimes for paper I just leave it in a stack in front of me.

I prefer paper money. Poker chips a large and clunky for me and I hardly ever pull them out (I think only for Cheapass games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
If ye see the laird, tell him this makes the twelve hunner and nineteen time that Jennet Clouston has called down the curse on him and his house, byre and stable, man, guest, and master, wife, miss, or bairn—black be their fall! -RLStevenson
mbmbmbmbmb
If I told you it would no longer be secret, now would it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chappelear
United States
Kensington
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Heh, I thought you were referring to the stash I keep hidden from my wife for buying boardgames.

Answer: Paypal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh - and FWIW?

Crumpling other people's games, even if done by cleavage, is not on.

And poker chips can get very uncomfortable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
tomchaps wrote:
Heh, I thought you were referring to the stash I keep hidden from my wife for buying boardgames.

Answer: Paypal

Ditto and ditto! ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.