David Bush
United States
Radiant
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Firefox with lots of add-ons, running under Kubuntu Linux on an AMD64 machine. I'm not sure if the following problem is on my end, maybe some Firefox bug, or the problem is with BGG.

One of my addons is NoScript, but I allow scripts from boardgamegeek.com. I do not allow google-analytics.com. I also have AdBlock (not AdBlock plus) but I have whitelisted the site.

When I first visit BGG the top menu bar looks like this:

When I mouseover Home, Games, MyGeek, Forums, or GeekLists, the category being moused over will appear underlined, but the sub-categories below will not automatically change. If I click on any of those five main categories, that page will load. But when I mouseover Bazaar, Misc, or Help, again the sub categories do not change, but also the words Bazaar or Misc or Help will not become underlined. If I click on any of those three categories, a new page does NOT load. Instead the display changes to this:

And now the display is behaving itself. If I mouseover any main category,that tab will change color, and the sub categories will appear for me to click upon.

So, this is not a major problem for me. All I have to do is click on Bazaar or Misc or Help and the menu system works, and continues to work as I visit other BGG pages.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What font is that on the main menu line? It looks different from mine...and better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bush
United States
Radiant
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
What font is that on the main menu line? It looks different from mine...and better.

Nimbus Sans L. Linux has its own list of fonts, completely different from the list available for Windows users. Here's a small portion of that list.

So if you use Windows or Mac, all I can suggest is you choose a font from the list available to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twixter wrote:
When I mouseover Home, Games, MyGeek, Forums, or GeekLists, the category being moused over will appear underlined [...]

But when I mouseover Bazaar, Misc, or Help, [...] the words Bazaar or Misc or Help will not become underlined. If I click on any of those three categories, a new page does NOT load.

This part is correct behavour.
For the first menu items, the main entry itself is a link. For example, the main menu "Games" links to the same page as the submenu "Games->Games".
For the last 3 main menu items, there is no obvious page to open, so the main menu name is not a link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.