Star Wars Miniatures» Forums » News

Subject: New Star Wars Galaxy tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Pascalis
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! Does anyone know how the new tiles look like?
Thanks!
Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they going to be hardboard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter L
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
Why are you looking at this??
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon says heavy cardstock, so no on the hardboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They're really nice, and well worth the price. I got my set today, and immediately turned around and ordered another set.

The boards are really thick, and the art is great. They remind me of Space Hulk tiles, and several sets would allow you to do a nice sized board.

I know they're not specifically intended for the minis game (since they don't display the colored terrain outlines), but I think they'll work just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Kimball
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Got any pictures for us, Barry? Did you get the Imperial Outposts set as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter L
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
Why are you looking at this??
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I was wrong on the hardboard... these things are pretty thick. Not quite as thick as most mounted gameboards, but definitely way thicker than the paper or light paperboard maps that come with the game. I would say they're roughly comparable to the RotS board.

Specifically about the tiles, they're very heavy on the Death Star-type flooring and accessories (turbolifts and a fighter.) I'm not quite sure what Imperial Outpost will have, but this would be more like "Imperial Starship." I was hoping for more rustic fringe-y type terrain, but some of the tiles in the other sets represented that.

I posted a picture if you want to see:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/292264

Posted a picture of the tiles themselves, too; hopefully it'll make it through GeekMod
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Steven,

No, I haven't taken a pic yet, but I'll try to have one posted later today.

A thread on the Wizards website has pics, and that's what convinced me to buy them. Here's the link, and scroll almost all the way down the page:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=975414&page=2

There are two pics posted that you can click on, and they show all six sheets, both sides.

They are definitely "board game quality" - very impressive. The thickness is the same as the Memoir '44 terrain tiles, and they're printed on the "traditional" woven paper you see in most of today's board games.

As far as I know, the Imperial Outpost set isn't out yet.

-Barry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.