Subject: Recover Card Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
When a card reads "Darth Maul -- Recover 2" or "Red Queen -- Recover 2," does that mean that Darth Maul/the Red Queen gets also to move and attack in addition to recovering the hit points?

Thanks in advance for your help!

KJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is you only recover the hit points. I don't have the cards or rules in front of me to check but that is what I remember.

Brent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not 100% sure but I'd say no. At least, that's how we've always played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see it this way, but I can also see it the other way; for instance, the window ledge movement cards specifically allow other movement and attacking. Then, on some Naboo cards, one queen or another is able to recover 2 or be activated along with 3 palace guards. 3 palace guard attacks may very well be worth 2 damage points (?). Anyway, some sort of thread or phrase from the designer or rulebook would be great; I was amazed this wasn't specifically spelled out somewhere!

In an unrelated note to the Naboo queens, I heard an interview yesterday with a man who knew Andy Warhol. When asked what Andy was like, he paused for about two seconds, and haltingly said, "He . . . he was a queen!"

Also: on the cards where MTTs deploy more droids, are they allowed to move/attack/both as well as deploy troops?

I'd love to see anywhere in the rulebook that mentions either the recover or the deploy situations specifically. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that it is not explicitly mentioned in the rules. However, thematically it makes sense to me that you either recover or move/fight. It would make no sense to me if a character were able to perform all of his normal functions and recover as well. But everyone is entitled to their own interpretation, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this statement in the FAQ that is attached in the file sections here on BGG on page 1:

Quote:

When a character recovers hit points, can that character move and/or attack too?

No.

For the MTT question I'll check the rulebook later but I believe deploy only. Activating the droids in the movie wasn't exactly a fast process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the same FAQ:

When I activate droids from the MTT or move them from Naboo to the palace, may I move or attack with them right away?

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.