Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

1960: The Making of the President» Forums » General

Subject: How does this one smell? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm sure this has been addressed and I'm missing it but I'm in a bit of a hurry as I'm getting ready for work.

The question is does 1960 have the same or similar smell as Duel in the Dark? Truth is DitD gives me a raging headache just being in the same room with the opened game and I can not be near it. If this is the case for 1960 I would have to reconsider my getting a copy of it.

Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well technically, it lacks the required body parts to smell... if you're talking about Kennedy and Nixon, well then they'd use their noses.

-It smells like a boardgame, no funny mouldy or chemical gulp smell here and its pretty good quality stuff, colourful and well made, although I am not too fond of the card material- laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
It smells like a really good 2-player game should.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played Duel in the Dark, but the 1960 cards do have a little bit of an odor to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bulldozers
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It absolutely does not smell like Duel In the Dark. DitD for me had to be aired out for a week. This summer I intend to put it in the sun to remedy that odor and use a little febreeze on it if not I will sell it.

I rather make it nice vs apologizing any time I bring it out. The condition of Duel In the Dark was so bad, I really don't think the game should have been sent to customers, that being said I did/said nothing just decided to wait and see what Karma would do.

Nixon never had the same issue as far as its olfactory assault.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It smells like victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Sardà
Andorra
Lleida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The board smells like the Railroad Tycoon one....but without the warp problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't notice an odor when I broke it open for the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw the thread name and immediately nodded my head--exactly! My wife was reading beside me on the couch when I opened my new box this week. A poof of plastic air blew into my face and she immediately gagged and told me to get away from her. (This is the first time this has happened because of a game...) The new, plasticky, chemical smell was overwhelming. I set the box on the coffee table and started to read the instructions, but we could smell the "new box full of parts smell" from three feet away. The smell went away when we punched and played it yesterday, but it was distinct until we had the game pieces all aired out.

But then I read more and no, this doesn't sound like whatever was the deal with Duel in the Dark. Moldy? Gross.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannibal Barca
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I opened the bag of cubes I noticed a distinct "paint" reek. It has since gone away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.