Politics as Usual» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Politics as Usual lives up to it's name. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Hamill
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I regularly play games that are in depth, take a long time to learn or have a book of rules as big as a phone book. Things like Arkham Horror, last Night on Earth, Settlers...

My wife does not. She occasionally plays standard board games and Fluxx if I persuade her.

The owner of my local comic book store demoed this game for me as an easy-to learn fun time. After the first issue went around, I turned and picked up the box and handed it to him with my debit card. I knew my wife would like it.

Last night the two of us sat down with two other friends and just played.

In the Box: The cards, chips and rules are all well designed. The rules have a few problems that don't seem to be resolved on the website, but I'm hoping to get a response from the email address they provided. I really enjoyed the different candidates and their humorous abilities. They all seemed to fit the theme of the game.

The gameplay: After a rocky start we were all able to get going fairly quickly. And then it really became a game of politics as we began trading favor chips to earn support for issues that we wanted to win. The goal, of course, is to win the most votes at the end of 12 issues. You can't do that alone.

My wife, who doesnt like these type of games generally... has admitted to really having a good time playing and that it will be fun to play again and again.

It's easy to pick up, but a real challenge to master... (especially since I won the most Issues (6), but ended with 0 votes due to various cards in play.)

I highly recommend this game as a fun time for anyone that likes to sit around and impersonate politicians and make bad jokes regarding political parties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.