Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings All,

The 97th Invisible City Game of the Month for January 2008 is Payout!. You can read the rules and download the board at: http://www.invisible-city.com/play/477/payout

Payout! is a chance-heavy board game I made up back in August of 2003 as an alternate use for the 1,000 Blank White Questions ( http://www.invisible-city.com/play/6/1000-blank-white-questi... ) game board. Payout! is a "race to the end" board game. You start the game with 20 cents. There are 6 different types of spaces on the board. Each type corresponds to a vault. If you land on a vault with coins in it, you get the coins that are in the vault. If you land on a space without coins in it, you have to put coins in the vault. When you get to the end of the board, you get to sit in a vault and take all of the coins that go in it. If you have the most money at the end of the game, you win.

Payout is a game for three to six players, although you can play it with two if you really want to. Payout uses two dice, loose change, pawns, and a custom board. A four-player game takes about 30 minutes to play. Payout! is appropriate for ages 7 and up, and is a great way to reinforce basic counting and money skills with younger children.
Enjoy!

Jonathan Leistiko
Games Advocate
Invisible City Productions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for including the description, Jonathan. This is about the perfect level of detail for this sort of thing. It's always (mildly) frustrating to have to download the rules and skim them just to figure out if the game interests me.

Glad to see that Invisible City is still running after all this time. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Leistiko
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rootbeer wrote:
Thanks for including the description, Jonathan. This is about the perfect level of detail for this sort of thing. It's always (mildly) frustrating to have to download the rules and skim them just to figure out if the game interests me.
You're welcome. I figured it'd be important to mention the chance-heavy aspects of the game in this BGG description, since there are many BGGers who dislike chance-heavy games. Even though traffic to the site makes me feel all warm 'n fuzzy inside, enticing a BGGer into reading a game he or she won't play doesn't do anyone any good.

rootbeer wrote:
Glad to see that Invisible City is still running after all this time. thumbsup
Me too! I'm looking forward to getting game #100 up (Just 3 more months!). After that, it's time for a little hiatus. I figure I'll update and improve games that are on the site, spend more time making the games I have even better, and work on getting published.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.