Subject: Revenge of the Sith Starter Pack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Cross
United States
Atkinson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Star Wars Miniatures is a collectable miniatures game featuring pre-painted plastic miniatures of characters from the Star Wars universe. The Revenge of the Sith starter pack is a great way to start playing. It contains a great looking board (which is much sturdier than the paper maps in the other starter sets), six miniatures with cards (including Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Master and General Grievous, Supreme Commander) as well as a 20-sided die and a handful of damage counters.

Gameplay is simple: players take turns activating two characters from their squads. Activating a figure includes moving and attacking as well as using various special abilities. The game generally ends when one player's figures have been eliminated.

The components of the starter set are excellent. The gameboard is very high quality and the miniatures themselves are very well done. The damage counters are flimsy cardstock, but they work just fine.

Buying the starter set is a great way to begin playing the game. However, you will get bored very quickly unless you pick up some boosters to increase variety in the game. The more figures you have to choose from, the more fun it is to build your squads and try them out against your opponents.

This game is a lot of fun, whether you are a Star Wars fan or not. Just be warned that once you start playing the game and collecting the miniatures, you might just get addicted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the most comprehensive review that I have ever read! The effort!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Marroquin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
joebelanger wrote:

do I sense sarcasm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Kimball
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I do! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
anglon wrote:
joebelanger wrote:

do I sense sarcasm?

What?! No!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S.H. Olafsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasm aside, does anyone think the sides are balanced? (The few times I have tried this with my youngsters the Jedi with his force healing power chews through the opposition when he manages to get to h2h)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Russell
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, Joey. However, think he should have condensed it more.

All he really needed to do was explain that it was Star Wars themed and involved fiddling with little miniatures. Trying for more was a bit much and may have lead to some overexertion in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
New Zealand
Wellington
--------------
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For my money, this post, while brief, was informative and useful for my purposes. Another time, maybe you could head it 'A Brief Review', Mike, but don't be put off making further contributions to BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.