Combat Commander: Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scenario 7 (Bessarabia) and Heros rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Chambers
United States
California
flag msg tools
When playing the Allies / Partisians in Scenario 7, can heros only be activated once per turn since the Allies can only play one order?

mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorentz Teigen
Norway
South Trøndelag (close to Trondheim)
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
An hero can be activated as many times as you wish. But offcourse you are only allowed to use one Order. Its nothing preventing you from activating him several times. for diferent actions though.

(Havent read the scenario so not sure if there is mentioned some other exeptions in it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right Mike: your hero activation is limited by the number of orders you can issue per turn.

lorentzt wrote:
An hero can be activated as many times as you wish. But offcourse you are only allowed to use one Order. Its nothing preventing you from activating him several times. for diferent actions though.

(Havent read the scenario so not sure if there is mentioned some other exeptions in it)

I don't understand your point here Lorentz. It's Orders which activate units, not Actions (see O14.1 Activation). Actions typically modify the orders which active units are executing, and any unit can perform as many actions as its order and the player's cards permit. I hope this makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorentz Teigen
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmm i may have misunderstood something here. (it looks rather likely)

Say i am the defender. My opponent moves a squad and i use op fire with one of my units (playing my fire card). Then that unit ends the movement order, and then makes another movement order. Can i then use the same unit (diferent fire card) to do do another op fire?

I was under the impression that you couldnt do that, exept with a hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
lorentzt wrote:
Hmm i may have misunderstood something here. (it looks rather likely)

Say i am the defender. My opponent moves a squad and i use op fire with one of my units (playing my fire card). Then that unit ends the movement order, and then makes another movement order. Can i then use the same unit (diferent fire card) to do do another op fire?

I was under the impression that you couldnt do that, exept with a hero.

Ah, this is the exception I had in mind when I was making my previous post Lorentz, but I didn't mention it because I wanted to keep my post short.

Yes, Op. Fire is the action which activates a unit; and you are right that you can only activate any unit once per turn to Op. Fire. You are also right that you could activate a Hero to Op. Fire more than once. So your previous comment makes sense in that light. It's also worth noting that Op. Fire actions aren't restricted by Order limits, so the Russian player in S7 could Op. Fire more than once per turn even without the Hero. They'd just have to activate different units each time.

I hope all this makes sense and clears up any confusion you might have about my last comment, or the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorentz Teigen
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Makes sense for me now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Chambers
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification. Looks like heros are not quite as effective for Allies on this scenario (although their high movement rating is useful with the constant movement (1) for the allies).

mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.