Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Flynn
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played BFin NY last night. It was a 3 sided game amongst good friends and it was the first time any of us had played the game. The rules were simple to understand and the game played well but we soon realised that to win the game one of us was going to have to have an early exit. That normally is not a problem, at our wargames club we are a cutthroat bunch and are quite happy to see someone "take an early bath". But for a nights gaming at home we do not want to knock someone out of the game. So we came up with the following solution. I would like comments or other ideas. I acknowledge that eventually if you are daft enough lose your boss through bad play ect, you will be out of the game.

Employed House Rule:
When ever a family member was lost in battle or taken hostage they immediately became a family member for the player that had taken them.

This immediately gave the new owner of the family member a higher multiplyer when working out how much money they collected. It also reduced the multiplyer of the losing player. In our game, all players were involved until the "Bronx Mob" were able to gain over $6000 and win the game. All i can say is that it seemed to work for us, everyone had an involvement untill the game finished and we all agreed that we had enjoyed the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should this not be in the specific game forum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.