Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raindog
Norway
Elverum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone help with a problem when playing the solitaire Flash version. I can`t see any of the occupation or improvement cards. What can I do?

THanks in advance,
Tore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raindog
Norway
Elverum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh, suddenly they showed up!:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Havert
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the Flash version located?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Germany
Thuringia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently the second item in the files section, I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Through The Ages
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Posted to save someone else 30 minutes of flailing)

After you download the zip file and extract

Open the file in your browser. Put the file path in the text box where you normally put the IP address. For example: c:\bgg\agricola\filename.swf

I kept trying to open it from my file directory and/or looking for shockwave to open it with. Yeah, I'm clueless. Maybe I can save someone else the aggravation, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nice, but still waiting for my pre-order, and thus having not read the rules, I'm a bit confused as to how to play. But perhaps it is just designed for veteran players.

It would be nice to have the option of just playing the family game, for beginners. (although perhaps you can play that version by just ignoring the cards?)

If Z-Man decides to be nice and release the rules early (I loved when they did that for 1960) then I'll try to go back and play a few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quartex wrote:
If Z-Man decides to be nice and release the rules early (I loved when they did that for 1960) then I'll try to go back and play a few games.

An English translation of the rules is already in the file section here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pretentious? Moi?
United States
Pocomoke
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdberry wrote:
(Posted to save someone else 30 minutes of flailing)

After you download the zip file and extract

Open the file in your browser. Put the file path in the text box where you normally put the IP address. For example: c:bggagricolafilename.swf

I kept trying to open it from my file directory and/or looking for shockwave to open it with. Yeah, I'm clueless. Maybe I can save someone else the aggravation, though.

You can also "drag & drop" the .swf file into a new FireFox tab.

Someone else mentioned this app wasn't working in Opera w/Flash 7. I'm running Flash 9 on FireFox & it works great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pretentious? Moi?
United States
Pocomoke
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quartex wrote:
It's nice, but still waiting for my pre-order, and thus having not read the rules, I'm a bit confused as to how to play. But perhaps it is just designed for veteran players.

It would be nice to have the option of just playing the family game, for beginners. (although perhaps you can play that version by just ignoring the cards?)

Several versions of the English rules are available in the Files section. (Thanks, Melissa!)

The biggest thing to remember about the Solo game is that each adult family member requires 3 (not 2) Food units each harvest. (Harvests & feeding are performed manually in this app.)

You should be able to adapt this to the Family Game by igonring Occupation & Minor Improvement actions & cards. Can't remember if there are any other differences...?

Edit: no "Storeroom" in game Solo Family.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RicochetRita wrote:
You should be able to adapt this to the Family Game by igonring Occupation & Minor Improvement actions & cards. Can't remember if there are any other differences...?

In the family game, the starting player space accumulates food, just like the fishing space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pretentious? Moi?
United States
Pocomoke
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
In the family game, the starting player space accumulates food, just like the fishing space.

That's what I'd originally posted, but checking the rules (for more differences), revealed that food only goes onto the Storeroom Action in 2-5 player Family Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toreengeland wrote:
oh, suddenly they showed up!:-)

Yes - It seems to happen very rarely thankfully but is proving hard to debug. Might be related to a 'special feature' of Flash...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
what is the difference between the two Fireplaces I can build in the flash version?

There is one that cost 2 clay and the other costs 3 clay.. no more differencies in the description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kabutor wrote:
what is the difference between the two Fireplaces I can build in the flash version?

There is one that cost 2 clay and the other costs 3 clay.. no more differencies in the description.

Exactly like in the real game. No difference.
First buyer will buy the cheaper one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RicochetRita wrote:
quartex wrote:

Several versions of the English rules are available in the Files section. (Thanks, Melissa!)

The biggest thing to remember about the Solo game is that each adult family member requires 3 (not 2) Food units each harvest. (Harvests & feeding are performed manually in this app.)

Edit: no "Storeroom" in game Solo Family.

Newbie here...not to appear too ignorant (I'm afraid the odds are agin' me!), but what do you mean by "manually"...? Do you mean I must "feed" my family and decrease my amount of food manually, plus pay other costs by decreasing my personal supply appropriately, or something else altogether?

Sorry, I really want to grasp this, but there's so much going on, it is a bit overwhelming...I can't imagine playing with multiple players for the first time!

Thanks for any and all input,
jrbentley

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - that's right.

I'm sure there's a weak joke in there involving 'manually', 'breeding' and the context of farmyard insemination...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.