Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy M
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a pretty "rookie" question, but that is exactly what I am. Can someone clarify if a unit that is reduced (but is no longer disrupted) takes a single hit, is it disrupted again, or eliminated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I read it, if a unit isn't disrupted, then it doesn't matter whether or not it has previously been reduced when it takes a hit; it just becomes disrupted. If you want to kill a reduced, un-disrupted unit, you have to hit it twice: once to disrupt it again, and once more to kill it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
The way I read it, if a unit isn't disrupted, then it doesn't matter whether or not it has previously been reduced when it takes a hit; it just becomes disrupted. If you want to kill a reduced, un-disrupted unit, you have to hit it twice: once to disrupt it again, and once more to kill it.

I puzzled over that exact question for a few minutes last night myself. The quote above is the conclusion I came to as well. So really it takes 3 hits during a shot to kill a unit completely...

Fun game! We need to get cracking on a Vassal mod...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy M
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigrdrifa wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:

I puzzled over that exact question for a few minutes last night myself. The quote above is the conclusion I came to as well. So really it takes 3 hits during a shot to kill a unit completely...

Fun game! We need to get cracking on a Vassal mod...

no need:

http://www.locknloadgame.com/vassal/wawv1.2.zip

Thanks for the thoughts on this, I think I've been playing it wrong so far then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The way I read it, if a unit isn't disrupted, then it doesn't matter whether or not it has previously been reduced when it takes a hit; it just becomes disrupted.

That is correct. Thanks for answering that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.