Andrea Ligabue
Italy
Modena
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all

Monday night I was involved in a Battelground game at Club TreEmme. Lizardman (me) against Orcs (Gianluca). Was a fierce battle. I think I deploy better, with Triceratops on my right wing and raptor, supported by hatchings, on the left, while the middle of the field was held with courage by the Torgs (warriors, bowmen and spearmen).

On the other side the Troll advance on my right side, the bowmen in the middle and the left side was almost still with Orcs warriors. The riders was blocked behind the line in the beginning, cause a not so well placement.

The battle starts well for my green lizards and I was able to pinch the troll in the middle while my bowmen killed some orcs. But than the Lady of Luck turn her kindly eyes away from me and the 6 appeared with a non statistical frequency in my rolls!

My Triceratops were almost killed in a one-a-one fight with orcs swordsmen and the Troll easily managed to unpinch and spread my cold blood on the ground. Raptors perform average but that was not enough and the battle slowly go down to a sad end for my Lizards! It will be the next time. The fierce Lizards will rise again with a mighty army at the next time will be the T-Rex time!

Good play
Liga

PS. the worst thing was Gianluca smirk in the end of the evening!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darwin Kastle
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the battle report. It great to hear about BGFW being played in Italy. I look forward to reading about the Lizards revenge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You definitely need a rematch, those Orcs need to go down. Hopefully at the end it will be you, not Gianluca with the smirk on his face!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Ligabue
Italy
Modena
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope to have the possibility soon to revenge! I really like Lizard army and the next time, I hope, will be orc blood on lizard fangs ... but also Elves taste wells and they told me are nice and fluffy to eat!

good play
Liga

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gross
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
liga wrote:

The battle starts well for my green lizards and I was able to pinch the troll in the middle while my bowmen killed some orcs.

Just because it's a rule that new players almost always forget, I want to make sure that you made the Troll take a Rout check when you pinched it, during the pre-combat courage phase. If it fails that rout check, it immediately routs, and you get free attacks on it's rear and flank while pinching it before it runs away, and it doesn't get to swing back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.