Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Eric on Boardgame News!

According to this new report on the upcoming Through The Ages reprint:

Boardgame News wrote:
The new edition of Through the Ages from FRED Distribution is on the boat to the U.S. and—barring potential difficulties with customs, weather, and pirates—the game should be available in February 2008

There are also two images showing the new components!

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kerr
United States
arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

Cool news... I managed to get one of the original versions, but I'm still looking forward to the new set. The look of it seems mostly unchanged.

Quote:
the glass beads have been replaced with wood cubes and cylinders

I can't tell if they used cubes or cylinders for the resource or people markers. Hopefully it's cubes, I think cylinders would be too prone to rolling around.

Quote:
Sid Meier, Elvis and Bill Gates have been replaced by, respectively, game designer, rock ‘n’ roll icon, and Nikola Tesla.

Too bad... I bet Sid and Elvis would have gone along with it. The 'Bill' card was just asking for trouble, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
johnkerr wrote:
Too bad... I bet Sid and Elvis would have gone along with it.

Elvis doesn't have much say in the matter. His lawyers, on the other hand....

Eric
Editor, http://www.BoardgameNews.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the game at Atlanta Game Fest 13. I was amazed at how much smaller the box is in comparison to the original. The compents were improved but not as much as I thought they should have been. The markers are small and I am not sure they are that much better.

But then again, it is the same great game and now I have a chance to buy it without making a car payment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.