David Gagné
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
Game Summit 2019 - Canada
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good morning! This is one of many reviews that we wanted to do after receiving many games for our latest Ludo-Outaouais convention (www.ludo-outaouais.org). So, after much delay, this is it:

Components:
Top Quality. The main board is made up of heavy stock cardboard tiles that lay really well side by side. The Super Heroes cards and cardboard cutouts are big and colorful. The game comes with a set of colored dice for every player that makes it easy to see who’s winning which section of town. They even included a huge score board so that everyone can see the leader, and try to kick his butt. The card stock is also of good quality. The rules are very clear and the manual very well written.

Gameplay:
Simple, yet effective. You have 4 action points to spend every round and you can spend them by moving one of your heroes, have him fight a crime, pick up a Research card (only once a round) or play a card. Every player play one action at a time and we go around until all actions have been played, then we score: every crime that have been beat score points depending on its difficulty. In order to beat a crime, you simply have to roll higher than its difficulty. It’s fluid, short and sweet. Playing with the additional rule that gives a +1 token to a player who miss a crime roll, greatly diminish the luck factor and makes for closer games. The Superpowers are fun and different from each other, enough to make it worth it to play several games before getting bored with them.

Review:
I like this game. It’s quick, fun, easy to learn, easy to explain and nice to look at. Yes, there’s a good part of luck in this game, but not enough to make it a game with no strategy at all. It’s not a gamer’s game but it’s a great filler that I will most certainly play again. Can’t wait to try to expansion with the new Heroes and Villains. Check out our session pictures as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Forhan
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Thanks for the nice review! I'm glad you enjoyed the game. And I agree that it is really a solid gateway game, especially if they enjoy the hero theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.