Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
DreadBall is great!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just curious what commander was everyone's favorite.

Myself, I usually play pretty basic using the land commander and maybe the nuclear commander for his d8 universal attack. Land command cards also come in very handy.
If I'm playing Primus Oceanus Faction I obviously use the water commander pretty heavily. Hidden Energy is a very nice command card to have as well.
The tech commander is nice to have to be able to get mind control cards and stop from getting freq. jammed (I do hate getting jammed when my defense is heavily command card dependent).
I don't use the diplomat very much, maybe he's just not my style. The space commander
I don't use much either unless I need to prevent someone from taking a complete moon colony.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ajax
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Space Commander is the best distraction. If you buy it quickly and get on the Moon quickly, it really freaks out the other players. You can "pretend" like taking the moon is your strategy while you slowly gobble up land territories.

The Naval Commander is the one that goes the most unnoticed. Before you know it, the person that bought the Naval Commander has a ton of uncontested naval territories. That's definitely a good strategy that isn't as noticeable as the Space Commander. You can kinda carve out a nice chunk of the board without making a bunch of noise about it.

The problem with the Nuclear, Diplomat, Tech, and Land Commanders is that although you get some nifty cards, they don't really give you an advantage over a certain type of territory. The Space and Naval Commanders are the keys to their kingdom -- if you will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.