Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May France deploy French corps, (not minor allied corps), in places other than France itself. Not counting the exceptions for insurgent countries and all that jazz. If a minor country is a French ally, is that considered a valid place for a French corps to arrive during reinforcements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Windopaene wrote:
May France deploy French corps, (not minor allied corps), in places other than France itself. Not counting the exceptions for insurgent countries and all that jazz. If a minor country is a French ally, is that considered a valid place for a French corps to arrive during reinforcements?

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks you Renaud. I didn't think so, but my PBEM opponent did it, and looking in the rules and threads here and at CSW got me even more confused...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Thanks you Renaud. I didn't think so, but my PBEM opponent did it, and looking in the rules and threads here and at CSW got me even more confused...

Not sure where the confusion is coming from

10.4.1 All reinforcements must be deployed in home areas free of enemy corps.

Only the blue French areas are home areas to the French.

The only exception to the home area requirement is:

Exception #2: French home corps may also be deployed in enemy-free, insurgent areas of French dominions that are adjacent to an enemy-free French area.

(though the latter really should say "in enemy-free insurgent areas that are adjacent to enemy-free French areas")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More caused by my opponent doing it, and my trying to find an rule that said he could not. The only definition of a home area (2.1.1.4) says a home area is of the same "nationality" as the corps. Then in the example for that it references "all French areas". A conquered minor can be considered in one sense, a "French" area. But not in this sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.