Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlyn Morenus
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played R & P with 4 and 5 players, and really enjoyed it. I'm wondering how it fares as a 2-player game. Since my husband and I most often play games just the two of us, I appreciate games that work well for two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it several times as a 2-player game and enjoyed it a lot. Actually, I haven't played it with any other number so I can't really say if it is worse than with more, but it is enjoyable with 2.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just as fun with 2 as with 5.

There are differences: It's harder to get a sleeping place with 5.
It's less risky grabbing a treasure tile with 5.
It's a little easier to plan ahead with 2, since it's less likely that the pirate captain will be on the other side of the board when your turn comes around again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I play this game as a two-player 95% so: it can be great fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex G

Flagstaff
Arizona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play quite often 2p. It's fairly strategic that way -- yes, tons of dice, but putting the other player in a bad position is the game (and knowing to have coins and rum barrels when needed). An under-rated game, good for two, in my opinion. And I say this not having won a single game, ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.