Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mb
It used to be that if I searched for geeklists, I'd get a simple list of geeklists, so I could find one that I wanted.

Now it's a gigantic all inclusive list of every mention of the search word (or string) in every geeklist and geeklist item, with no sense of relevance. Even a word like "balloon" nets me 15 pages of results to weed through.

angry Well, I guess I'll stop using this feature, now that it's so broadly scoping that it's bloody useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthan Heiselt
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I also am bummed about the change. I liked it before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly then we need an 'advanced search' for Geeklists. Many times I've hunted for some useful information I read in a Geeklist but neglected to bookmark. I remembered a phrase from the list item, but until now, it wouldn't be picked up in the search.

So I welcome the change. Until, that is, I want to search just the list titles!

So how about the best of all worlds? Give an advanced search, with the option to search any number of Geeklist related things (titles, items, item comments, list comments)? And ideally let the users configure their own default selection so they don't need to tick off everything each time they search.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iken Owens
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree the new search is a pain. Trying to find the current thrift find list is an exercise in futility. Th e new search doesn't work at all when you have revolving Geeklists like the thrift find one.

Iken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
An increase in functionality gets complaints! heh... I'll add a title only search.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Every change gets complaints.

They're just a bunch of CapAp voters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.