Popular Tags: [View All]
Clint Walker
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still really new at this one so bear with me.

I've noticed that some class decks include items as well as power cards.

How do you get these out of here? All of the available actions only say to take POWER cards from your class deck. Is this just a mixup on my part in terms of terminology?

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you talking about powers like dual wield, which needs to go in the shield slot on your character sheet? That's still a power, even though it doesn't have the active ability or instant ability symbol (see page 15 of the rules). It behaves like an active ability, but it doesn't cost any energy to equip it Items will have a completely different card back with either a triangle, square, diamond, or cup symbol, as well as a blue, brown, or grey background behind the title of the card. Powers will have an orange background behind their title and a class symbol on the back of the card.

Artumnis has equipped Rejuvenation, Moonfire, Thorns, Wrath and Cat Form, which are all powers. Rejuvenation, Moonfire and Thorns are instant abilities, Thorns is an active ability, and Cat Form is a power that fits in the weapon slot of the druid's character sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add, he also has Ferocity and Improved Rejuvenation, which are talents

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Walker
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got the right example up. That's the character I'm confused on.

But no, the one im refrencing in my question is "Cat Form."

So, even though it has the weapon insignia in the top corner, it's still a "power" just because it comes from the class deck?

Makes sense to me although just about everything in the book lists cards with the Melee icon as "items" and every thing else are "powers" which is where my confusion is since all traning actions refer to "powers" only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, everything in the character deck is either a power or a talent. Although most cards for the melee slot are weapons, and thus items, cat form comes from the character deck, and is thus considered a power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Walker
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can put the Cat Form card in that slot even though the box its in says that either a "mace" or "staff" goes there?

How is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From p. 14 of the rules:

Quote:
Note: Power cards do not have traits and therefore may ignore a card area’s trait requirements. Some Power cards have a unique category printed in their keyword area, but this is treated differently than an Item trait and will not affect the legal placement of the Power card on the character sheet.

Note that this only applies to a power card's trait, not it's type. For instance, Cat Form is of the melee type, so it must go in the melee slot, but it can ignore the mace/staff trait restriction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.