Popular Tags: [View All]
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Treasure Hunter (Lost Cities Battle Line Variant)

Goal:

To be the first player to collect 5 treasures.

Set Up:

Set the 9 coins in a line in the middle of the table between the two players. Deal out 7 cards to each player.

Game Play:

Player 1 plays a card by one of the coins and draws back to 7 cards. Player 2 then does the same. The goal is to establish the best 3-card hand corresponding to each coin and capture the coin/treasure. After you have played your card if you can prove, with the cards on the table only, that you will capture the treasure then you can claim the coin or coins. Once a treasure is claimed no further cards can be played on that treasure.

Hand rank is the same as that in Poker (card rank from high to low):

Straight Flush

Three of a Kind

Flush

Straight

High Hand (Pairs do not help it is simply the total of the cards)

The player to play the third card that ties their opponent loses the trick, therefore if you can demonstrate the best your opponent could hope for is a tie you can claim that coin.

Cards:

There are five suits with cards numbering 2-10 and three investment, or wild cards. The wild cards can be any number in that suit, but can not change suits. Each player can only play one wild card, of each suit, per trick with the max. of 2 per trick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds an awful lot like Battle Line... also by Knizia.

Interesting though...

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please see the reference to Battle Line in the title line(first line).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
oops... heh... sorry... tired...

still good though... seems fun.

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries,Actually I came up with it to scratch my Battle Line itch, before I owned Battle Line. It is a little simplier than Battle Line since you don't have tactics cards and the wild cards lead to better hands. Since it is not a war theme I did away with winning by getting 3 coins/flags in a row. This is still a decent Battle Line substitute for me if I am hanker for a game when I only have my Lost Cities deck with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.