flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does a Leader DRM break a FG?

Ex FG:

Hex A = 4FP
Hex B = 4FP with Leader DRM -1
Hex C = 4FP

The Leader DRM is mandatory in own location and you roll hex B separately due to the die mod.

But can you add Hex A and C as a FG?.

Now I can`t remember and have reread the rules x10. It drives me nuts!!!gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Mids
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can form a FG with all three groups (terrain/height permitting), but you can't use the Leader DRM unless he's Heroic. If you want the DRM, all the groups would have to fire separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thnx thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC all hexes can participate in the FG (as long as all have LOS) but you don't get the Leadership modifier unless there is a leader in each hex. If so you get to use the best LD modifier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Torvatn
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eker wrote:

Ex FG:

Hex A = 4FP
Hex C = 4FP

The Leader DRM is mandatory in own location and you roll hex B separately due to the die mod.

The leader DRM is mandatory only for morale checks. The owner may choose to use it for a fire attack. If the units in a hex spit their firepower between several attacks against different targets, the leader can be used for only one of these.

When a firegroup fires, it will get the leader modifier from the hex with the worst leader modifier in that attack. If one +1 leader is included in the attack from one hex, and a -1 is included in the attack from another hex the total modifeier will be +1. If the owner attaced without the +1 leader taking part in that attack, the total modifeier would be 0, since the hex holding the +1 leader would now be without any leader modifier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally, if hex A & hex C (better termed as "location" A & C) are adjacent, then they could form a fire group allowing location B to fire on its own with the -1 DRM.

Jason

Harald wrote:
eker wrote:

Ex FG:

Hex A = 4FP
Hex C = 4FP

The leader DRM is mandatory only for morale checks. The owner may choose to use it for a fire attack. If the units in a hex spit their firepower between several attacks against different targets, the leader can be used for only one of these.

When a firegroup fires, it will get the leader modifier from the hex with the worst leader modifier in that attack. If one +1 leader is included in the attack from one hex, and a -1 is included in the attack from another hex the total modifeier will be +1. If the owner attaced without the +1 leader taking part in that attack, the total modifeier would be 0, since the hex holding the +1 leader would now be without any leader modifier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.