Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Faris
United States
Edgewood
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played today for the first time. We are wondering if the Bonus Rage (+5) card can help the owner of the card at all?

How is the Bonus Rage card supposed to be played? It seems like this is a free five points for your opponents.... Is this how it is meant to be?

Just wondering...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wilson
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't really say if that's how it was meant to be, but that's how it works out when we play it. It's a gray card, meaning a nice way to get rid of the lead. That it provides a bonus to an opponent is a side effect, one which happens to add to the chaos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you lead with the +5 and no one plays a joker/wild rage or a trump you get it back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SnipedintheHead
United States
Burlington
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I went to BGG and I all got was this Overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
ironcates wrote:
If you lead with the +5 and no one plays a joker/wild rage or a trump you get it back.

I haven't had a chance to read the new rules, but I have been playing rage for years with my family. And I'm not sure how you meant it, but the only time you get the card back would be if you led with the bonus rage & everyone else laid a face/word card (not counting the wild). In this case you would win the hand and get the +5.

Someone else also said that it adds to the chaos of the game, which is accurate. In the rules I learned, if you were wrong on your bid, you got a -5 points. So, if you're already wrong and that bonus rage comes out, getting a hold of it can mean the difference between going back in points & staying the same (or even going forward a few). Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the Bonus Rage as part of the meta-game. In other words, I will try to give the 5 points to someone who is hurting in hopes that later in the game they might show me the same courtesy.

It is also a superb way to lose the lead. It also can be a smart play when there is a Mad Rage thrown on the same trick, this eliminates the benefit of the Bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyn Lee Fox
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
This user will support the website in the future.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weirdboy_1 wrote:
ironcates wrote:

I haven't had a chance to read the new rules, but I have been playing rage for years with my family. And I'm not sure how you meant it, but the only time you get the card back would be if you led with the bonus rage & everyone else laid a face/word card (not counting the wild). In this case you would win the hand and get the +5.

Apparently it depends on the version of the rules you are using. The rules I have say that special cards other than the Joker (wild) have no value and can never take a trick. And if only special cards are played (other than the Joker) then no one wins that trick. The player with the lead retains the lead for the next trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.