Popular Tags: [View All]
Becky Bates
United States
Sugar City
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got to play Inkognito for the first time with a group of my friends. We try to get together about once a week to play a game or two. Heather and Bobby are married and they are both competitive and love to play games. Kathy mainly comes for the social aspect and is not very competitive. I am very competitive and I love to try new games.

After a quick explanation of the rules and a few questions, we began. Bobby went first. He didn't get to look at any cards. Then, it was Kathy's turn. She was holding H&B's baby, so she was very distracted. She got to look at my cards - I showed her 2 true ones and a false one to try to throw her off. Then it was my turn. I decided to look at Bobby's cards. I was lucky enough to be by the ambassador, so I got to see 2 identities. He showed me my identity and his, so I immediately knew that he was Col. Bubble. Since I was Agent X, this meant that Bobby was not my partner. Heather went next and looked at some cards.

Bobby got to look at my cards next. I accidentatlly showed him one of my white (real attribute - tall) cards. I hoped he didn't notice, and lucky for me, he didn't. Bobby was catching on and so was I. Heather and Kathy were still a little lost. On my turn, I looked at 3 of Heather's cards. She happened to show me my identity and her identity, along with an attribute. I found out that she was indeed Lord Fiddlebottom because she thought one identity must be true and one false. She didn't understand that the true card could also have been her attribute card. Well, it worked out great for me - I knew everyone's identities and it was only round 2. Now, to let my partner, Kathy, know who I was so we could accomplish our mission . . .

The very next round, Kathy chose to look at my cards - what luck! I passed her all of my real cards, including my mission card (D). I got to go next, so I was excited. We could finish this game, shake hands, and win the game. I, of course, chose to look at Kathy's cards, but was sorely disappointed - she did not let me see the mission card. Great, I thought, she doesn't understand the significance of the white cards in the game - this will be a long game now.

I announced to everyone that I knew all of their identities and I even called some people by their identities. Bobby caught on quickly and figured out that Heather was his partner. Kathy and Heather were very confused and Heather thought she was my partner and so Kathy thought she must be Bobby's partner. I doubted that Kathy would figure it out, because she was really distracted by the baby, so I thought I would just keep trying to figure out people's attributes. After round 4, I had figured out who everyone was and what all of their attributes were - why couldn't I get that mission card. I decided to help my partner indirectly - I passed cards to Heather that would allow her to determine my identity so she could stop thinking I was her partner. A light came on in her eyes and then I just pointed out to Kathy that she was indeed my partner.

I also pointed out that my partner should show me the mission card so I would know what the mission was. I also explained that Kathy should already know what our mission was since she had seen my mission card. She didn't remember that, but I helped her figure out what the mission was by reminding her of the card I had shown her. I knew the game wasn't working out anyway, so by now I was just trying to end the game. Our mission was to get next to Lord Fiddlebottom with any one of our pawns. Kathy chose to take one of her pawns next to the short Fiddlebottom - I knew this was incorrect, but it was late and I knew the game would be over soon enough. Heather and Bobby won because of confusion on how to play the game.

I was excited that I figured out how to play the game and I can see some real potential. We decided we would have to play another night, now that everyone understood the rules and how to play. I look forward to playing the game again, but I don't think I will be lucky enough to figure out the identities at round 2 and the attributes at round 4. We will see how it goes the next time we play.

End Results:
Heather was the fat Lord Fiddlebottom
Bobby was the short Col. Bubble
Kathy was the skinny Mme. Zsa Zsa
I was the tall Agent X

I think Inkognito is lots of fun! I give it an 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh dear, what frustration! In the game I played I figured out my partner but (I believe) I'd been show some all false information by the opponents so my partner and I had different opinions on who the target of our mission was. I figured out that we disagreed so started reinvestigating. Eventually I figured out where I'd gone wrong and we completed the mission successfully. Our opponents still had no idea who was who. This is a great game if you have a switched-on partner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.